HARRISBURG – Rep. Marci Mustello (R-Butler) announced that local fire companies and EMS agencies were awarded state grants totaling almost $223,000 from the Office of the State Fire Commissioner (OSFC).
The funding comes from an ongoing grant program created by the Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and OSFC. All funding comes from the proceeds from slot machine gaming and not General Fund tax revenue.
“I thank our first responders for their dedication and commitment to public safety,” said Mustello. “First responders are a vital part of our Butler County community. These men and women should be considered heroes because they are the first ones on the scene and must be quick to react to various situations. This funding is important for a number of upgrades, renovations and critical projects.”
Below is the list of local fire companies and EMS agencies and the amount they received:
• Buffalo Township Volunteer Fire Company - $14,563.
• Butler Ambulance Service Company - $10,000.
• Butler City Fire Department - $15,000.
• Butler Township Volunteer Fire District - $45,000.
• Chicora Community Hose and Relief Association (Fire) - $15,000.
• Chicora Community Hose and Relief Association (EMS) - $10,000.
• East Butler Volunteer Fire Company - $13,089.
• East Butler Volunteer Fire Company Ambulance - $10,000.
• Herman Volunteer Fire Company - $15,000.
• Karns City Regional Ambulance Service - $10,000.
• Lick Hill Volunteer Fire Department - $12,352.
• Oakland Township Oneida Valley Volunteer Fire Company - $13,089.
• Sarver Volunteer Fire Company - $14,318.
• Saxonburg Volunteer Fire Company - $14,808.
• Saxonburg Volunteer Fire Company Ambulance - $10,000.
Projects eligible for funding include construction or renovation of a fire or ambulance company facility, purchase or repair of equipment, training or reduction of existing debt. Fire and ambulance companies are reminded that in order to receive their grants and retain their eligibility for the program, paperwork must be submitted back to the OSFC by the end of May.
Representative Marci Mustello
11th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)