– Rep. Marci Mustello (R-Butler) today announced that Special Education COVID-19 Impact Mitigation Grants (SECIM) have been awarded to school districts to provide education services for students with special needs who may have been negatively impacted by COVID-19 mitigation efforts and may face additional challenges through the new academic year.
Those schools within the 11th Legislative District to receive funding include:
• Butler Area School District - $85,404.
• Karns City Area School District - $8,942.
• Slippery Rock Area School District - $26,608.
• South Butler County School District - $12,378.
“Special education funding is an issue of extreme importance to all Pennsylvania school districts,” said Mustello. “It continues to be one of the major financial obstacles facing our schools, and we must work to alleviate some of their financial burden, especially during the pandemic, so they are able to provide our children with a quality education. I am pleased to see our local schools receive this much-needed funding.”
Grant amounts were calculated using an allocation formula based on the number of students with complex special education needs with each local education agency. Distribution of funds to Preschool Early Intervention Programs will be made based on identified needs.
Representative Marci Mustello
11th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)